Car audio stereo system has now become an integral part of the decor of the car. Car manufacturers today have recognized the fact that in-car entertainment constitutes an important aspect of a modern car. So from the time a simple radio was fitted into the car technology has been introducing innovations in the advancement of the car audio system. Many brands started manufacturing various components of the car stereo system soon.
The major and most widely used components of a car audio stereo are the amplifiers, speakers, woofers, subwoofers, CD player and now DVD players. Early on it was only a simple radio that served the purpose of car audio system. Then the compact cassette came, which was introduced in the market for the first time by Philips. Blaupunkt is one of the oldest names in car audio stereo system. Another big name of that era was Motorola which first introduced car radio.
As technology advanced radio was quietly replaced by compact cassette player or as we call it, a tape player. Tape player gained a massive popularity and for many years tape player was the only car audio system. And with the development of the famous brands like Kenwood, Sony, Pioneer, and Alpine, car stereo system took its next giant leap.
Manufacturers such as Sony, Aiwa, Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, and Pioneer deliver a wide range of car speakers varying in size, price, and power. These companies also make dash in receivers to improve the overall sound quality of the system. They make good quality amplifiers, woofers and subwoofers for the car stereo system. Popular car stereo brands have researched and developed LCD screens for car, which are integrated in such way that they slide out and fold up on the roof. Now let us look at some popular brands.
- Blaupunkt is known worldwide as Blue Dot or Blue Spot. It is a genuine trendsetter in the car audio field. Blaupunkt car audio has an excellent range of car audio products including CD, MP3, MD, cassette players, and navigation systems.
- Panasonic has an extensive product range including CD, MP3, MD and cassette players, CD changers and packages. They developed the first flip out center speaker in the car audio system.
- Sony car audio systems are acknowledged worldwide for their X-Plod range of high-performance audio equipment which project sharp looks and offer a whole new world of listening experience.
- Pioneer is one of the most renowned brands in the car audio market. It offers a complete range of car audio products, which include CD, MP3, MD & cassette players, CD packages, CD changers, amplifiers, subwoofers, speakers AV products and a large, range of navigation systems.
- Alpine has a good reputation for offering high quality audio performance, from input to output, and offers a distinguished acoustic performance and balance. Alpine possesses an extensive range of audio, navigation and multi media products including the bass engine stereos, V amplifiers and DVD car navigators and GPS navigation systems.